This is just a sample Business Analyst begin again for freshers in addition as for experienced job seekers in Finance domain of business analyst or system analyst. While this is only a sample begin again, please use this only for reference purpose, do not copy the same client names or job duties for your own purpose. Always make your own begin again with genuine experience.
Name: Justin Megha
Ph no: XXXXXXX
your email here.
Business Analyst, Business Systems Analyst
- achieved in Business examination, System examination, Quality examination and Project Management with extensive experience in business products, operations and Information Technology on the capital markets space specializing in Finance such as Trading, Fixed Income, Equities, Bonds, Derivatives(Swaps, Options, etc) and Mortgage with sound knowledge of general range of financial instruments.
- Over 11+ Years of proven track record as value-adding, delivery-loaded project hardened specialized with hands-on skill spanning in System examination, Architecting Financial applications, Data warehousing, Data Migrations, Data Processing, ERP applications, SOX Implementation and course of action Compliance Projects.
- Accomplishments in examination of large-extent business systems, Project Charters, Business Requirement Documents, Business Overview Documents, Authoring Narrative Use situations, Functional Specifications, and Technical Specifications, data warehousing, reporting and testing plans.
- skill in creating UML based Modelling views like Activity/ Use Case/Data Flow/Business Flow /Navigational Flow/Wire Frame diagrams using Rational Products & MS Visio.
- Proficient as long time liaison between business and technology with competence in complete Life Cycle of System (SLC) development with Waterfall, nimble, RUP methodology, IT Auditing and SOX Concepts in addition as general cross-functional experiences leveraging multiple frameworks.
- Extensively worked with the On-site and Off-shore Quality Assurance Groups by assisting the QA team to perform Black Box /GUI testing/ Functionality /Regression /System /Unit/Stress /Performance/ UAT’s.
- Facilitated change management across complete course of action from project conceptualization to testing by project delivery, Software Development & Implementation Management in different business & technical environments, with demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Post Graduate Diploma (in Business Administration), USA
- Master’s Degree (in Computer Applications),
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Commerce),
Documentation Tools UML, MS Office (information, Excel, strength Point, Project), MS Visio, Erwin
SDLC Methodologies Waterfall, Iterative, Rational Unified course of action (RUP), Spiral, nimble
Modeling Tools UML, MS Visio, Erwin, strength Designer, Metastrom Provision
Reporting Tools Business Objects X IR2, Crystal Reports, MS Office Suite
QA Tools Quality Center, Test Director, Win Runner, Load Runner, QTP, Rational required Pro, Bugzilla, Clear Quest
Languages Java, VB, SQL, HTML, XML, UML, ASP, JSP
Databases & OS MS SQL Server, Oracle 10g, DB2, MS Access on Windows XP / 2000, Unix
Version Control Rational Clear Case, Visual Source Safe
SERVICE MASTER, Memphis, TN June 08 – Till Date
Senior Business Analyst
Terminix has approximately 800 customer service agents that reside in our branches in addition to approximately 150 agents in a centralized call center in Memphis, TN. Terminix customer service agents receive approximately 25 million calls from customers each year. Many of these customer’s questions are not answered or their problems are not resolved on the first call. Currently these agents use an AS/400 based custom developed system called Mission to answer customer inquiries into branches and the Customer Communication Center. Mission – Terminix’s operation system – provides functionality for sales, field service (routing & scheduling, work order management), accounts receivable, and payroll. This system is designed modularly and is difficult to navigate for customer service agents needing to assist the customer quickly and knowledgeably. The amount of effort and time needed to aim a customer service representative using the Mission system is high. This combined with low agent and customer retention is costly.
Customer Service Console enables Customer Service Associates to provide consistent, enhanced service experience, sustain to the Customers across the Organization. CSC is aimed at providing easy navigation, easy learning course of action, reduced call time and first call resolution.
- Assisted in creating Project Plan, Road Map. Designed Requirements Planning and Management document.
- Performed Enterprise examination and actively participated in buying Tool Licenses.
- Identified subject-matter experts and drove the requirements gathering course of action by approval of the documents that convey their needs to management, developers, and quality assurance team.
- Performed technical project consultation, lauching, collection and documentation of client business and functional requirements, solution alternatives, functional design, testing and implementation sustain.
- Requirements Elicitation, examination, Communication, and Validation according to Six Sigma Standards.
- Captured Business course of action Flows and Reengineered course of action to unprotected to maximum outputs.
- Captured As-Is course of action, designed TO-BE course of action and performed Gap examination
- Developed and updated functional use situations and conducted business course of action modeling (PROVISION) to explain business requirements to development and QA teams.
- produced Business Requirements Documents, Functional and Software Requirements Specification Documents.
- Performed Requirements Elicitation by Use situations, one to one meetings, Affinity Exercises, SIPOC’s.
- Gathered and proven Use situations, Business Rules, produced and maintained Requirements/Test Traceability Matrices.
Client: The Dun & Bradstreet Corporation, Parsippany, NJ May’ 2007 – Oct’ 2007
Profile: Sr. Financial Business Analyst/ Systems Analyst.
Project Profile (1): D&B is the world’s leading source of commercial information and insight on businesses. The Point of Arrival Project and the Data Maintenance (DM) Project are the future applications of the company that the company would transit into, providing an effective method & efficient report generation system for D&B’s clients to be able buy reports about companies they are trying to do business.
Project Profile (2): The overall purpose of this project was building a Self Awareness System(SAS) for the business community for buying SAS products and a Payment system was built for SAS. The system would provide certain combination of products (reports) for Self Monitoring report as a foundation for managing a company’s credit.
- Conducted GAP examination and proven the current state and future state, after understanding the Vision from the Business Group and the Technology Group.
- Conducted interviews with course of action Owners, Administrators and Functional Heads to gather audit-related information and facilitated meetings to explain the impacts and effects of SOX compliance.
- Played an active and rule role in gathering, analyzing and documenting the Business Requirements, the business rules and Technical Requirements from the Business Group and the Technological Group.
- Co – Authored and prepared Graphical depictions of Narrative Use situations, produced UML Models such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Flow Diagrams using MS Visio throughout the nimble methodology
- proven the Business Requirement Document to get a better understanding of client’s business processes of both the projects using the nimble methodology.
- easing JRP and JAD sessions, brain storming sessions with the Business Group and the Technology Group.
- proven the Requirement traceability matrix (RTM) and conducted UML Modelling such as creating Activity Diagrams, Flow Diagrams using MS Visio. Analysed test data to detect meaningful findings and recommended corrective measures
- Co-Managed the Change Control course of action for the complete project as a whole by easing group meetings, one-on-one interview sessions and email harmonies with work stream owners to discuss the impact of Change Request on the project.
- Worked with the Project rule in setting realistic project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and plans consequently and conducted project related presentations.
- Co-oordinated with the off shore QA Team members to explain and develop the Test Plans, Test situations, Test and Evaluation strategy and methods for unit testing, functional testing and usability testing
ecosystem: Windows XP/2000, SOX, Sharepoint, SQL, MS Visio, Oracle, MS Office Suite, Mercury ITG, Mercury Quality Center, XML, XHTML, Java, J2EE.
GATEWAY COMPUTERS, Irvine, CA, Jan 06 – Mar 07
At Gateway, a Leading Computer, Laptop and Accessory Manufacturer, was involved in two projects,
Order Capture Application: Objective of this Project is to Develop Various Mediums of Sales with a Centralized Catalog. This project involves wide exposure towards Requirement examination, Creating, Executing and Maintaining of Test plans and Test situations. Mentored and trained staff about Tech Guide & Company Standards; Gateway reporting system: was developed with Business Objects running against Oracle data warehouse with Sales, Inventory, and HR Data Marts. This DW serves the different needs of Sales Personnel and Management. Involved in the development of it utilized complete Client reports and Web Intelligence to deliver analytics to the Contract Administration group and Pricing groups. Reporting data mart included Wholesaler Sales, Contract Sales and Rebates data.
- Product Manager for Enterprise Level Order Entry Systems – Phone, B2B, Gateway.com and Cataloging System.
- Modeled the Sales Order Entry course of action to eliminate bottleneck course of action steps using ERWIN.
- Adhered and practiced RUP for implementing software development life cycle.
- Gathered Requirements from different supplies like Stakeholders, Documentation, Corporate Goals, Existing Systems, and Subject Matter Experts by conducting Workshops, Interviews, Use situations, Prototypes, Reading Documents, Market examination, Observations
- produced Functional Requirement Specification documents – which include UMLUse case diagrams, Scenarios, activity, work Flow diagrams and data mapping. course of action and Data modeling with MS VISIO.
- Worked with Technical Team to create Business sets (Web sets) that Application could leverage using SOA, to create System Architecture and CDM for shared order platform.
- Designed Payment Authorization (Credit Card, Net Terms, and Pay Pal) for the transaction/order entry systems.
- Implemented A/B Testing, Customer Feedback Functionality to Gateway.com
- Worked with the DW, ETL teams to create Order entry systems Business Objects reports. (complete Client, Web I)
- Worked in a cross functional team of Business, Architects and Developers to implement new features.
- Program Managed Enterprise Order Entry Systems – Development and Deployment Schedule.
- Developed and maintained User Manuals, Application Documentation Manual, on proportion Point tool.
- produced Test Plansand Test Strategies to define the Objective and Approach of testing.
- Used Quality Center to track and report system defects and bug fixes. Written alteration requests for the bugs in the application and helped developers to track and resolve the problems.
- Developed and Executed Manual, Automated Functional, GUI, Regression, UAT Test situations using QTP.
- Gathered, proven and executed Requirements-based, Business course of action (workflow/user scenario), Data pushed test situations for User Acceptance Testing.
- produced Test Matrix, Used Quality Center for Test Management, track & report system defects and bug fixes.
- Performed Load, stress Testing’s & Analyzed Performance, Response Times. Designed approach, developed visual scripts in order to test client & server side performance under various conditions to clarify bottlenecks.
- produced / developed SQL Queries (TOAD) with several parameters for Backend/DB testing
- Conducted meetings for project position, issue identification, and parent task review, Progress Reporting.
AMC MORTGAGE sets, CA, USA Oct 04 – Dec 05
The dominant objective of this project is to replace the existing Internal Facing Client / Server Applications with a Web enabled Application System, which can be used across all the Business Channels. This project involves wide exposure towards Requirement examination, Creating, Executing and Maintaining of Test plans and Test situations. Demands understanding and testing of Data Warehouse and Data Marts, thorough knowledge of ETL and Reporting, Enhancement of the Legacy System covered all of the business requirements related to Valuations from maintaining the panel of appraisers to ordering, receiving, and reviewing the valuations.
- Gathered Analyzed, Validated, and Managed and proven the stated Requirements. Interacted with users for verifying requirements, managing change control course of action, updating existing documentation.
- produced Functional Requirement Specification documents – that include UML Use case diagrams, scenarios, activity diagrams and data mapping. Provided End User Consulting on Functionality and Business course of action.
- Acted as a client liaison to review priorities and manage the overall client queue. Provided consultation sets to clients, technicians and internal departments on basic to complicate roles of the applications.
- Identified business directions & objectives that may influence the required data and application architectures.
- Defined, prioritized business requirements, Determine which business subject areas provide the most needed information; prioritize and ordern implementation projects consequently.
- Provide applicable test scenarios for the testing team. Work with test team to develop system integration test scripts and ensure the testing results correspond to the business expectations.
- Used Test Director, QTP, Load Runner for Test management, Functional, GUI, Performance, Stress Testing
- Perform Data Validation, Data Integration and Backend/DB testing using SQL Queries manually.
- produced Test input requirements and prepared the test data for data pushed testing.
- Mentored, trained staff about Tech Guide & Company Standards. Set-up and Coordinate Onsite offshore teams, Conduct Knowledge move sessions to the offshore team.
Lloyds Bank, UK Aug 03 – Sept 04
Lloyds TSB is leader in Business, Personal and Corporate Banking. Noted financial provider for millions of customers with the financial resources to meet and manage their credit needs and to unprotected to their financial goals. The Project involves an applicant Information System, Loan Appraisal and Loan Sanction, Legal, Disbursements, Accounts, MIS and Report Modules of a Housing Finance System and Enhancements for their Internet Banking.
- Translated stakeholder requirements into various documentation deliverables such as functional specifications, use situations, workflow / course of action diagrams, data flow / data form diagrams.
- Produced functional specifications and led weekly meetings with developers and business units to discuss noticeable technical issues and deadlines that had to be met.
- Coordinated project activities between clients and internal groups and information technology, including project portfolio management and project pipeline planning.
- Provided functional skill to developers during the technical design and construction phases of the project.
- proven and analyzed business workflows and processes. Present the studies to the client for approval
- Participated in Universe development – planning, designing, Building, dispensing, and maintenance phases.
- Designed and developed Universes by defining Joins, Cardinalities between the tables.
- produced UML use case, activity diagrams for the interaction between report analyst and the reporting systems.
- Successfully implemented BPR and achieved improved Performance, Reduced Time and Cost.
- Developed test plans and scripts; performed client testing for routine to complicate processes to ensure proper system functioning.
- Worked closely with UAT Testers and End Users during system validation, User Acceptance Testing to expose functionality/business logic problems that unit testing and system testing have missed out.
- Participated in Integration, System, Regression, Performance, and UAT – Using TD, WR, Load Runner
- Participated in defect review meetings with the team members. Worked closely with the project manager to record, track, prioritize and close bugs. Used CVS to continue versions between various stages of SDLC.
Client: A.G. Edwards, St. Louis, MO May’ 2005 – Feb’ 2006
Profile: Sr. Business Analyst/System Analyst
Project Profile: A.G. Edwards is a complete service Trading based brokerage firm in Internet-based futures, options and forex brokerage. This site allows Users (Financial Representative) to trade online. The main features of this site were: Users can open new account online to trade equitiies, bonds, derivatives and forex with the Trading system using DTCC’s applications as a Clearing House agent. The user will get real-time streaming quotes for the money pairs they chosen, their current position in the forex market, summary of work orders, payments and current money balances, P & L Accounts and obtainable trading strength, all continuously updating in real time via live quotes. The site also facilitates users to Place, Change and Cancel an Entry Order, Placing a Market Order, Place/Modify/Delete/Close a Stop Loss Limit on an Open Position.
- Gathered Business requirements pertaining to Trading, equities and Fixed Incomes like bonds, converted the same into functional requirements by implementing the RUP methodology and authored the same in Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Designed and developed all Narrative Use situations and conducted UML modeling like produced Use Case Diagrams, course of action Flow Diagrams and Activity Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Implemented the complete Rational Unified course of action (RUP) methodology of application development with its various workflows, artifacts and activities. Developed business course of action models in RUP to document existing and future business processes. Established a business examination methodology around the Rational Unified course of action.
- Analyzed user requirements, attended Change Request meetings to document changes and implemented procedures to test changes.
- Assisted in developing project timelines/deliverables/strategies for effective project management.
- Evaluated existing practices of storing and handling important financial data for compliance.
- Involved in developing the test strategy and assisted in developed Test scenarios, test conditions and test situations
- Partnered with the technical areas in the research, resolution of system and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
ecosystem: Windows XP/2000/NT, SOX, MS Office Suite, SQL, MS SQL Server, XML, HTML, Java, J2EE, JSP, Oracle, WinRunner, Test Director