What are Stem Cells?
- Stem cells are undifferentiated cells, found throughout the body after embryonic development. They can make identical copies of themselves for long periods of time and multiply by cell division to replenish dying cells and regenerate damaged tissues for self-renewal and self-healing.
- The stem cell has rare ability to heal itself. Whenever a tissue is damaged, stem cell are activated to produce new cells that will regenerate the damaged tissues and restore the organ.
- The stem cells are mostly found in brain, spinal cord, blood canal, bone marrow, peripheral blood, dental pulp, skeletal muscles, skin, digestive system, retina, pancreases and cornea.
Pranayama is not only breathing exercise or a method to increase prana in the body. It is a powerful method of creating yogic strength in the body.
Pranayama creates additional heat in the body, it awakens some of the centres in the brain and it may also bring down the rate of respiration and alter the brain groups. Regular practice of Pranayama and breathing exercises will ensure proper oxygenation for all parts of the body and cure many diseases. Proper oxygenation helps in purifying the blood and removal of toxins and carbon dioxide from the kidney.
According to yogic theory there is intimate relation between the breath and the brain and their cyclic actives. When one nostril has the principal air flow the opposite hemisphere of the brain is dominated. Forceful breathing by the more congested nostril awakens the less principal hemisphere. The circuit of the brain is based on the Ida and Pingla nadis.
Within the spinal cord there is a very important fluid, the cerebrospinal fluid, by Pranayama practice awakening occurs in Mooladhar chakra the fluid gets excited.When the cerebrospinal fluid moves by the vertebral column, it alters the faces of consciousness.
The circuitry for the nadis and chakras exists within the central nervous system [CNS], along the spine and in the brain. If we are able to tap, purify strengthen and reconnect these circuits via the Pranayama techniques we can totally transform, our mind/body complicate.
The total body/mind complicate roles on the strength of three basic energies Ida, Pingla and Sushumna. Whenever the Sushumna Nadi is activated, the specific brain cells closest accelerate the production of stem cells.
- Pranayama is a powerful technique which activates the Ajna chakra or third eye chakra. The centralized focusing of prana appears to affect both Nadis simultaneously. Ajna chakra or Pineal gland acts as an organiser and controller of all glands.It controls the development of the gland and regulates them. It controls the proper flow of cerebro- spinal fluid and consequently all the glands and body become revitalised, strong and healthy.
- Pranayama stimulates the brain to send the chemical signal to the stem cells located near the damaged/ diseased cells.
- The stem cells migrate to the dead/damaged cells and due to their ability of self-renewing they make new cells and restore the damaged cells.
consequently by Pranayama one can manipulate the stem cells into becoming new cells, and can accelerate health of that organ and restore the damaged cells to revere the sickness.
While scientists are nevertheless searching for the surprise techniques, theories and drugs to probe the deeper aspects of stem cells, Pranayama provides a concise and precise framework by the breath/nadis/chakra system by which we can effectively manipulate or stimulate the stem cells for optimal health and get rid from major diseases.
GEETA JHA [SPIRITUAL HEALER]