LEADING restaurant chain Nando’s has apologised to a man after he found a “slug” in his meal at one of its restaurants.
The eatery, famed for its Peri-Peri Chicken dishes, said it is hoping to work with the diner to fully probe how the creature made its way into his meal.
Adeel Suliman said he went to the Nando’s restaurant in Centenary Square in Bradford city centre on Sunday, October 3, for what was meant to be a nice meal with his children.
He ordered a portion of Peri-Peri chicken with a side of rice, and was enjoying the meal until making the grim discover in his rice.
Contained in the rice dish was a small, slimy object which Mr Suliman said was a “slug”.
He said upon seeing this he closest “felt sick”, and after leaving the restaurant with his family “went to Bradford Royal Infirmary, where I spent two hours in Accident and Emergency with suspected food poisoning” due to the presence of the “slug” in his food.
Following the incident he has vowed not to visit the restaurant in Centenary Square again and other sites.
Nando’s has said it regrets any distress caused and it has launched an investigation to try and get to the bottom of why a “slug” was present in a dish served at one of its restaurants.
A spokesperson for Nando’s said: “We have sincerely apologised to Mr Suliman for what happened, and regret any distress this event caused.
“We’ve reached out to Mr Suliman so that our health and safety team can conduct a comprehensive review of the processes within the restaurant and at our suppliers.
“We are confident that this was an secluded incident, and will do everything we can to make sure it does not happen again.”
in addition as the Centenary Square restaurant, Nando’s also has local sites at the Leisure Exchange, and Birstall Shopping Park, and also has locations in Halifax, Huddersfield and several outlets in Leeds.
Click: See details