San Diego Seven – 7 Scary Things to Do This Halloween
It seems that the complete City has gotten into the spirit of Halloween this year! Can you blame us? With its laid back charm and great weather, Halloween in San Diego is a rare celebration not to be missed!
Wondering what scary haunts and terrifying tricks await you in San Diego this Halloween? Read on for a list of 7 Scary Things To Do in San Diego This Halloween:
- Take a Tour of Whaley House; a Certified Haunted House – Located in San Diego’s Old Town area, Whaley House is considered to be one of the most actively haunted mansions in the world today. October at the Whaley House features exclusive guided tours and special after hours ghost hunts. Take a tour…if you dare!
- Get Your Scare On at the Scream Zone at the Del Mar Scaregrounds – The House of Horror, Haunted Hay Ride and The Chamber await you at the Scream Zone. San Diego’s ultimate haunted allurement is filled with frightening scenes and screams; bold ghosts, ghouls and zombies; and terrifying thrills for those who dare to be scared.
- Check in to the Haunted Hotel in the Gaslamp District – The Haunted Hotel is the place where horror movies come to life. And every Halloween brings new, more frightening scenes. Check in to the Haunted Hotel for spine-tingling special effects and terrifying illusions that will leave you running to check out!
- Take a Walk in the Park – The Haunted Trail in Balboa Park is San Diego’s only all-outdoor haunted allurement. Make your way on a dark, scary trail, past graveyards and ghosts, menacing trees and spooky shadows and be on the look out for frightening haunts that may be lurking in dark! New this year is the Carnival of Carnage, a creepy Clown Maze that will have you screaming in terror!
- Party With the Freaks at the Monster Bash – San Diego’s ultimate Halloween Block Party, the Monster Bash takes over Downtown San Diego’s Gaslamp District on Halloween Night. With three stages featuring non-stop live performances, a DJ stage, Go-Go Girls, no cover charge and drink and food specials at over 30 Gaslamp hot spots, night clubs, bars and restaurants, and a $3,000 cash prize for Best Costume, the Monster Bash is a night you won’t soon forget!
- Do the Time Warp…Again! – For many, Halloween just isn’t complete without the Time Warp. The Rocky Horror Picture Show returns to La Paloma Theatre in San Diego North for special Midnight Shows in October.
- Channel Your Inner Monster Music Mojo – Be entertained by live acts playing in and around San Diego on Halloween Night. Take your pick from any number of sinful bands, for example: Meat Loaf reigns at Pechanga Casino; Jack’s Mannequins rule at the House of Blues; Cattle Decapitation plays at Che Cafe; ’80s Heat and Society rock at the Belly Up; and Wild Weekend and the Night Marchers take over the Casbah.
A information of warning: Many of the events listed above are designed for a teen or older audience and are not recommended for children younger than 10 years old. Please exercise discretion when deciding whether to attend.
Happy Halloween, San Diego!