Every time i pass by a doctor’s or dentist’s office or clinic i would always check the number of people (many or few) lining up to avail of the sets rendered. If i see lots of people lining up, I’ll say to myself…hmmm…the doctor must be doing something right. He must be really good at what he does, people are clamoring for his sets. I keep thinking, what does the doctor with a lot of patients have compared to the one who has only a few?
Same theory keep up true, with commercial establishments like restaurants, beauty saloons etc. with a great following, with plenty of customers hovering. So what about you my dear tarot reader? Are people falling all over themselves to avail of your tarot reading sets? That alone can determine if you are an average or great at what you are doing. So let us separate the wheat from the chaff. A great tarot reader is:
1. Someone who has first and foremost, integrity. He has continually grow and evolve his own code of ethics and not one developed by any other organization. He perpetually upholds his ethical decisions no matter what situation arises.
2. Someone who is proficient with the tarot cards. Not only he has mastered all the tarot meanings (whether upright or reversed) symbolism, numerology, elemental dignities, card combinations, designs his own tarot card spreads, but also someone has a basic understanding of other divinatory systems in addition, like I-ching, Qaballah,astrology already NLP and how those relate to his craft, the Tarot.
3. Someone who is intuitive.What he learns academically and consciously about the tarot, he is ready to toss it all away. He lets his intuition and subconscious reign especially when he’s at the reading tables interpreting the cards.
4. Someone who has excellent listening and communication skills. Take observe, I mentioned listening first, because it is crucial to be able to really connect with your clients, you’ve got to listen to them if not intently, then more emphatically. And it’s a great feeling to be listened to. It is empowering. Your clients must be able to feel that with you.
5. Someone who is great at counselling. The reader truly wants to help his clients by giving them wiggle room to exercise their freewill and inner wisdom. The reader shows options and alternatives to unprotected to what they desire. He deliberately guides them how to conquer problems and alleviate their anxiety and stress at the same time.
6. Someone who has a sense of humor. Life is but a journey. We will never come out of this world alive, so better enjoy every minute of your lives. Have fun, relax. Don’t take everything too seriously. A great tarot reader should make you feel that way. If you come out of your tarot reading session feeling energised, empowered, confident and with a better sense of direction, then you have met a great tarot reader.